Monday, July 21, 2008

Normal? Not so much.

Normal?? HA! Normal is of the past. We hadn't been normal since... well, David's never been a normal kid. Me? I was last normal... I'd say at about 12 years old. Haha Then I meet David. ; ) David traveled the world before he turned 18... He had seen and experienced things men of 60 years hadn't! "An old soul" would best describe the experienced part of David. Stories! Stories! Stories! The man had so many stories! We meet when were were 12 years old. At 22 years old I was still hearing stories from David's adventures for the first time, but some I had heard more times then I could count. Still... I loved hearing him tell them! Wisdom just poured out of David. He was my rock as a teenager... Someone I always trusted... Someone who'd always look out for me, protect me. My mother would allow me to go off with my friends only if David was coming too... She thought if he went I'd be safe. She knew best : ) David was always the fastest, biggest, and strongest. He is my very best friend and the best part of me. To go back to NORMAL after knowing David would be a waste. Normal was not us. Normal is not me.

I am David's widow... and proud to be : )

0 comments: